Monday, October 13, 2008

Misc.

When asked about Columbus, my godson yelled, "It's nobody! It's just a day we don't have to go to school!"

At a family gathering, my nephew brought his girlfriend over. At some point I looked over and realized she was sitting all by herself because she doesn't speak any Spanish. I saw myself about 12 years ago, and remembered how thankful I was when my future brothers in law would come to my rescue. So I kept her company.

This weekend I battled a cold, canker sore AND a yeast infection. Karma's a bitch.

Today at the store, the check out woman ID'd me because I was buying beer. Oh yes, beer and Halloween candy, cause that's how I roll. Anyway, she was skeptical because she said I didn't look a day over 17 and my ID says I'm thirty. I thought that was funny.

My uncle called me this morning and for some reason, asked me who I'm voting for. I'm even wearing my Obama shirt today but I suppose he couldn't have known that over the phone. We got into a bit of a tiff on the phone over it, apparently he's lost his brain and is voting for McCain. I told him that IL is a Democratic state, so it doesn't matter if he votes for freakin Chuck Norris, because Obama will carry our state easily. *humph!*

Today at work I found another person who loves European history as much as I do. I'm not a lonely nerd anymore!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Both tots are sick again.

I'm about to start my period.

Karma IS a bitch.

Laura Marchant said...

You crack me up. This was a lot of randomness but I liked it :-)