Monday, August 11, 2008

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

So... I agreed to foster not one, but two dogs. All the original plans got axed at the last minute, and I drove out to some south suburb to pick them up. Okay fine. Then we get them home and the little one has fleas! Now we have to treat every animal (and lemmetellya, there's a lot in the house right now!)and all 3 levels of the house. Stupid good deeds! See where it gets you? Aside from that issue, both pups are absolute angels. Sweet, friendly, happy.

Last week I was on vacation from work. Nine glorious days at home with my little guys. Get back to work this morning just in time to deal with a huge problem with our biggest customer. I. Am. Not. Happy. I'm just dreading explaining this to the owner when he gets in.

Right now I'm reading Christopher Moore's "The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror" Oh, how I love a good laugh. And today, I surely need it.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Fleas can be so hard to get rid of. When we first got our pup she had them. I feel for your. Don't give up on the good deeds though! LOL! You will be rewarded in the end! ;-)

Dawn said...

Wow. Go you for being a doggie foster parent.