Monday, September 29, 2008

Half Done Life

Some days I feel like I'm living a Half Done life. When people come to our house, I apologize that it's torn up in parts, because everything is Half Done. As in, "Welcome to the Half Done house! We're so glad you could come!" When I get an email about the Safe Haven project I'm supposed to be working on, I race to finish, because it's only Half Done. There's a file sitting on my computer. It's the book I started to write. You guessed it, it's Half Done.
The laundry at home is only Half Done, too.
Do I have some inherent problem with follow through? Or is life just that busy? Character flaw? Or standard mom stuff?
Anyway, this week I fully intend to finish my research on expanding the Safe Haven law, even while Bastard Nation is calling for a repeal of the SH laws in every state. Then again, they do have some crazy backwards thinking, those loonies at Bastard Nation.
But the book and the laundry? Those may remain Half Done for a while. I've got some baby saving to do.

6 comments:

Chris said...

LOL! I don't think it is a character flaw. You life sounds a lot like mine. I am not sure how I got to this point where nothing ever gets done. Just rest assured, You are not alone.

Dawn said...

Wow. Go you on working for Safe Haven.

The half done thing? It's called being a mom. There's not enough hours or energy in the day.

Leanna said...

Hey...I think I have your other half over here at MY house...LOL. Maybe if we combine our 'Half Done' things, we can feel accomplished!

I have had Half Done new kitchen cabinets for 3 years now...one of these days I am going to get those doors on there...I am tired of everyone coming in my house seeing everything in the cabinets. LOL ..and I am always explaining...

Monique said...

Your just a little cute Mother Theresa! Sounds like you have your priorities in order. The laundry can wait! lol

Your journals always get me back on track and change my perspective. I'm "normal"....WE ARE ALL NORMAL HALF DONE MAMMAS!

carrie said...

the things that really matter will get done.

laundry is never done. you should know that.

a house is always in progress.

baby saving is way more important!!

Wineplz said...

dude...you've got twice as much done as I do...mine only seem to be a quarter done. ;)
And I'm with Carrie, the laundry is NEVER done!