Monday, June 16, 2008

Indentured Servant


Today Golden Boy is here at my office. He's got his own cubicle behind mine, and a portable dvd player. Right now he's watching Drop Dead Fred. Having him here makes my day incredibly fun. We went to lunch together and ate in the grass (something most adult co-workers are not inclined to do!) I introduced him to the big boss today as my indentured servant. Which is funny, since he doesn't yet know what that means :)

Yesterday we went to breakfast and the movies to celebrate Father's Day. When we were almost done with breakfast, an older gentleman came over to our table. He said he and his wife had been watching us, and he just wanted to compliment our well behaved children. Wha...?! I mean, Thank you! That was nice :)

Then DH allowed Belly to pick up a skateboard at his favorite store (Target) I didn't really want to spend $35 on the board/helmet/pads, but I gave in. When we got home he got all his protective gear on and he went at it. OH MY! He's such an adorable little skater boy! No fear, that one. He learned to pop the board up with one foot, jump on with the other, then start gliding back and forth. I think the other kids were jealous - including his older brother. Maybe some time this week I can snap a pic of him in all his skater tot glory.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a great day! I often think my job would be more fun if I could bring the boys. Was it a special day at work or just because?

Veronica Garcia said...

I don't know if I'd survive a day with my child at my job. LOL. You're lucky D is so calm and well-behave as the lovely older couple pointed out, hello! Both your kids are great!

And Belly sure does fit the sk8erboy roll! I gotta see pix soon!!!

carrie said...

do get a pic. every time my oldest is on that skateboard, my blood pressure goes up about 50 points.

Wineplz said...

I need to get me one of those indentured servants...might help with keeping the house cleaner!