Got quite a busy weekend planned. Tonight is movie night at the kids' school, so we're going to see Ratatouille. The kids will spread out on sleeping bags, eat popcorn and hot dogs, and act silly for an hour and a half. Good way to spend a Friday evening.
Tomorrow morning is GB's second playoff basketball game. Go Eagles!
Tomorrow evening my husband planned a birthday dinner for me at a fun Mexican restaurant with a name I can't pronounce. No matter. How great is that?! This morning a dear friend called up and offered to treat me to a birthday tattoo before dinner (seeing as it's across the street from my usual tattoo shop anyway) What an AWESOME bday gift!
Looking forward to getting out of work, spending some fun times with family and friends - and then sleeping in on Sunday! :)
And now, for your thought provoking pleasure....
Phrases I can’t stand
1) It is what it is ~ And just what the fuck is THAT??
2) On the fly ~ as in, “You can make changes on the fly” I can’t help but picture Jeff Goldblum.
3) Good to go ~ Some people end every sentence with this. Example “I got my coffee and I was good to go. Once you get that TPS report, you’ll be good to go.”
4) I’m the kind of person that… ~ Know what? If you have to tell me, I don’t care. I should be able to see it for myself.
5) At the end of the day… ~ Oh shut up.
6) All things happen for a reason ~ No, they don’t.
Phrases I like
1) Something’s rotten in Denmark ~ I don’t even know what that means.
2) Jesus Tapdancing Christ! ~ Don’t know where this came from. Possibly South Park.
3) Fat girlfriend ~ Something you do that you’d be ashamed to tell your friends about. Like collecting used band aids.
Okay, so I guess there aren’t many phrases I like. Maybe next week I’ll share my favorite movie quotes. Now THAT could go on forever.