Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Random Sludge


1) Yesterday we put the hard top on Big Bertha. Not sure why that makes me happy. The soft top makes me think I'm going camping or something. This is what BB looks like, this isn't her, but one of her clones. Yes, I practically need a ladder to hoist myself up into this thing.


2) I've decided to dye my hair, but can't choose between red, light brown, or violet highlights. Decisions, decisions.


3) Forgot to pack Belly's lunch today. When I took him in, I explained to the woman at the door and asked if he could get the school's hot lunch today, and I'll send in the $3 tomorrow. She grimaced and said only if they had any extras. WHAT?! I just called the school and was transferred to the same woman. I explained again and she said, "Don't worry, I feed him! It's okay! We have extras. Don't forget next time" and told me to have a good day before hanging up on me. Why did this make me laugh? I'm not sure. She wasn't being mean, I'm sure she just doesn't understand how neurotic I am. Is it neurotic to want to make sure you kid is gonna eat lunch though?


4) Ever have those days when all your clothes feel too tight? This morning when I got dressed I seriously considered going out to buy Spanx at lunch.


5) Maybe it's time to go flex my Bloomie's card to get some new clothes.


6) Bad movies I've seen lately: The Reaping, Hannibal Rising, and Rocky Balboa.


7) Good books I've read lately: The Arsonist's Guide to Writer's Homes in New England, The Abortionist's Daughter, and I, Elizabeth.

3 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Holy Big Jeep! Awesome.

I totally understand the lunch thing. When I was a teacher we had a lunch lady that would do the same thing. It only made more headaches for the teachers when they got the phone call. I would always tell them if they can't get a lunch don't worry...I will buy it and pay me back.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that is a BIG Jeep.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Veronica Garcia said...

You're so lucky you have the dark brown hair that you can get away with red, or violet highlights. I want hot pink ones badly but I don't think it will look good with my light brown hair.

How do you "NOT" have extra lunches?! That's upsetting. I hope he didn't starve. =(

Days that clothes feel tight? THAT'S EVERYDAY HONEY! All that working out I did when we were teaming up..... for nothing. I'm back at pregnancy weight.

Rocky Balboa? a movie? not just Rocky?