Monday, June 29, 2009

The Kiddie Pool AKA Flood of Biblical Proportions

In an effort to beat the heat this weekend, we picked up a kiddie pool. A large one. 12’ wide and about 2.5’ deep. We took down the swing set, and put up the pool. Even took the slide from the swing set and set it up as a water slide. Kids LOVE it.
Yesterday Hubs and I agree that it should be filled a little higher. So Hubs turns on the water. And leaves it on. When I ask him about it later, he casually says that it’s still on, and sure, I can shut it off when I go outside. I go straight outside, shut it off, and am walking toward it to remove the hose when one side was overtaken by water. Just a little trickle, which suddenly pulled down the whole side. Water GUSHED out of the pool and flooded the back yard.
It was hilarious, but the dogs thought the world was coming to an end. Isaiah said, “It’s a good thing I put on my flip flops when I came out!”
The water stopped when the pool decided it was back at the right level, so it wasn’t a total loss :)

1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh no! How I wish you had a video of that.