Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Can ipods Swim?

This morning I rolled over and picked up my phone to see what time it was, like I do every morning. The screen was black, but the other lights were on. I stared at it in a half-sleep stupor for a moment before realizing this probably had something to do with the puddle it was sitting in. Yeah. That must be it.
My demented and defective cat knocks over ANY glass, cup or bowl containing liquid if it’s left out. There was a small cup of water on my side table, next to my phone, when I went to sleep. *sigh*
Then Daimean’s looking all over for his ipod. He couldn’t remember if his dad had given it back after adding music to it yesterday, and he was eager to get his morning groove on. I go to the dryer to get his swim stuff out, and find his ipod in the pocket of his swim trunks. Great. It turns on, but will only play when it’s on the radio/dock bc none of the controls work. Poor kid, I think he went in the other room and cried for a minute. He’s heartbroken. He loooves that ipod. But in standard Daimean style, he calmly told me he should have been more careful, and would wait to talk to his dad to see what (if anything) can be done for it.
Ah yes, another catastrophic water day.
At the last minute, I remember that I need to water the fragile grass that we’re barely starting to grow in our pathetic front yard. The dog is upset to see me go out without him, so he jumps up to the kitchen window trying to track my movement outside. Apparently when he got down, his big, bear sized paw hit the edge of the cat box. When I got in, it was flipped over, and cat litter was launched all over.
Not a good day.

2 comments:

Veronica Garcia said...

Well at least it can still play.

I had my ipod in hand once and was rushing to get to my car because I was late to work (as always).

I must've drove 5 minutes before I realized I didn't have it with me IN the car. When I drove back to the parking spot I was in, I found it! Crushed! I must've drove right over it as I left the parking spot. *sighs*

Dawn said...

Oh NO! Best of luck!