Friday, January 30, 2009

Watch Out Now!

I'm on a roooolllll.....
Last night the boys helped with making dinner and dessert, I got some laundry done, worked on my book. This morning Northeastern called me and gave me tips on starting the financial aid/enrollment process. Oh, and after that I asked my husband if he minded going into debt up to his eyeballs for me to finish school. He's absolutely thrilled. He was never too excited about the prospect of his five foot nothin' wife running around the city with a gun and bullet proof vest. Why do police wear bullet proof vests? Because people shoot at them. Anyway, he's very happy about this decision. SO today I looked up some schools that have BA programs in secondary education (6th-12th grade) and I'll probably go for a history/social studies major.
Got a call about a potential job, which would be in the same industry I was in, and would afford me a lot of flexibility. Taking some time to sort through it all right now, because I'm working on very little sleep and many big changes.

Yesterday I asked the kids what they thought of me going back to school and eventually becoming a teacher. They think it's awesome, and that was what clinched it for me. To be able to do something that a) helps others and performs a service and b) my kids can be proud of, is a good thing, right?

4 comments:

Chris said...

You go get em tiger!

Monique said...

You have such a nice sense of direction that my little light should follow. You have everything under control sweetie don't let anyone tell you otherwise. When I grow up I want to be just like YOU! I love you!

Chris said...

Hey there Lady. I left you something on my blog. I hope you will stop by and see what you need to confess.

Veronica Garcia said...

Wow! I'm so glad you're taking steps into bettering yourself, EVEN MORE, if it's possible, you're already AWESOME enough!