Monday, January 5, 2009

Don't Dry Wool Sweaters

This weekend I got to have lunch with a family that adopted a girl who was relinquished through Safe Haven. We like to call them "our" babies. She is beautiful, charming, funny, smart. Her mommas are educated, funny and warm. She's not quite two yet, but she's traveled far more extensively than I have. She signs words she can't say yet, and she actually eats olives. (As opposed to my kids, who gagged and threw up when given olives) It's always amazing to see a family come together and made whole through Safe Haven. She's got a bright future, that one.

Last night Hubs threw his work uniforms into the wash, and I said I'd put them in the dryer for him. When they were done, he piled it all into a basket and went to hang them up. A minute later, Belly comes into the kitchen with the cutest black/argyle sweater on. Yep, Hubs grabbed one of his wool sweaters on accident and put it with the rest of his wash. I didn't notice, so I threw it in the dryer. It shrank to approximately 1/3 of it's original size. On the plus side, it looks great on Belly.

2 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Been there, done this! So true.

Veronica Garcia said...

oh my God, I hate when I do that, LOL. At least he got a new sweater!