Monday, December 1, 2008

Another "Last Post"

So this time it's the last post about my strange little Twilight obsession. I swear. (That doesn't mean I won't be emailing about it, Dawn!) Yesterday I finished Breaking Dawn, as I'd predicted, I'd finished the series before the weekend was out. So what did I do today? Read the first twelve chapters of Midnight Sun, of course. I tried to avoid it, I really did. But I HAD to go back and read it. Um, miss Edward's perspective?! Not a chance. So at least now I've got something to look forward to, if/when the author finishes it. BTW, Stephanie Meyer can now be added to the list of Authors I Love. She's in good company... Audrey Niffenegger, Wally Lamb, Jean Plaidy, Jodi Picoult, David Sedaris, Jan Burke, Chelsea Cain (she's new, look up her books, they're about a female serial killer!) Ah yes, Wally Lamb FINALLY put out another book. I can only hope it touches the genius of his previous two. I feel privileged to read these works, truly. As if I'm allowed to share some great secret.

Since I grudgingly picked up Twilight after hearing so much about it, what else would you suggest?? And why?

Anyway, I've resigned myself to the fact that I will absolutely watch Twilight on DVD when it comes out, and hopefully without so much cynicism.

But tonight, I watch Lestat. Excuse me while I press play on Queen of the Damned.... :)

7 comments:

Chris said...

I don't mind the Twilight posts. Not only is Stephenie in good company but you are too. Us Twilight freaks have to stick together. LOL!

Leanna said...

I have been able to resist even starting...but not because I am strong...I just have trouble finding the time. If/when I find time to squeeze in a good read...I am usually looking up info for Cole.

Veronica Garcia said...

MMMMMMMMMMM Stuart Townsend.. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Dawn said...

Have you read Water for Elephants? And I love John Sandford. Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas is awesome. Desert Flower by Waris Dirie is absolutely moving and one of my all time favorites.

SO YOU READ ALL OF MS? I thought you stopped after one? Did you read the deleted chapters yet? And Stephenie has another book out that I haven't read yet. Did you catch her cameo in the movie? She ordered pie in the diner...

Dawn said...

And you should watch the Interview with the Vampire instead of Queen of the Damned. Brad Pitt is enough right there.

Laura Marchant said...

At the rate I get out DVD will be my only option :-)

Julie Vaicius said...

I just picked up Twilight...couldn't resist...it is providing exactly the escape I wanted. I think I will be able to break the series up though to space it out a bit. I haven't seen the movie yet but imagine I will at some point over the holidays.