Thursday, May 10, 2012

Diet Day 17

Good things are happening. Things like, I have on my favorite pair of jeans, which I haven't been able to squeeze my ass into for months. Also, Daimean is no longer failing any classes. (Why yes, I've set the bar pretty low) Sure, the low carb thing is getting boring. Better bored than fat, that's the theory I'm going with. Been eating a lot of salad and that's got to be a good thing. Yes, it makes me sad to dig out all the fun stuff like corn, black beans and tortilla strips, but for now, I can live with it. Found some amazingly low carb flatbreads which have allowed me to pretend I'm eating pizza. That's been kind of a saving grace. Mostly I've realized just how bad my eating habits had become. Not just the careless amounts of food, but it seems like I ate everything that was bad for me and nothing that was good for me. I'd gotten away from veggies and replaced them with potatoes. Are potatoes actually a vegetable? I'm not sure. But I do know that eating fried has browns in the morning, french fries at lunch and mashed potatoes at dinner cannot be good. Dessert lately has been jello, and if I'm feeling really adventurous, maybe some sugar free cool whip. Before the diet, dessert would be a cupcake. And not just once, here and there. But all the time. Now I'm considering getting a cupcake tattooed on my arm, you know, like you would for a fallen war buddy. As much as I hate to admit it, I obviously had a very unhealthy relationship with food, and I wonder whether I'll fall back into that. Where a half a bag of chips seems normal, and pizza is one of the food groups. It didn't happen overnight, I'm sure. But at some point I made the decision that I had too much going on, and I wasn't going to beat myself up over my weight. I guess that was my own free pass to eat whatever I wanted. Enought with the analyzing today. I've got a few more weeks to go before I loosen up the restrictions, and I hope to have my little food demons worked out by then.

No comments: