Thursday, December 31, 2009

Deep Thoughts

So it's the end of the year, and most people reflect and stuff. Not I! No time for that.
I've noticed something about myself (and believe me when I say my psychotherapy very rarely turns inward) ... do you know that poem with the line the best laid plans of mouse and man often go awry? Or something like that. Anyway, I'm not the man, who constantly makes big, grand plans. I'm the mouse. I live in the here and now. I take stuff as it comes and make the best I can with it. I don't spend time being angry, or mourning losses. Instead, picking up and dusting off and moving forward. In a way, it leaves me little time to stress out about things. I like that. Plus I have the attention span of a gnat.

Never one to go overboard on NYE, this year seems like it will be particularly tame. It's 4pm and I'm so tired I could nap on my desk right now. Hubs is making dinner, kids are waiting to have a zombie movie fest tonight. Me? I'm looking forward to another year being a mom, wife, student and friend.

1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

Happy New Year! It is like any other night here except we will say Happy New Year at midnight if I am awake, lol