Saturday, July 11, 2009

Drumroll, Please

....and the winner is.....macular edema, come on down!!
Scans revealed today that I do, indeed, have fluid bubbling up behind my eyes. Thankfully, since it was "caught" early, it can be treated (hopefully) with non-steroidal stuff. Because steroids are evil, vile drugs with ridiculously horrid side effects. So I have to be monitored every week now, but hallelujah! we have visible fluid, a treatment, and a course of action.
Now please excuse me while I go put eye drops in that will feel like burning ash has been shoved in my eyes.

3 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

I am glad they figured it out but man that sounds painful!

Veronica Garcia said...

OMG THANK GOD... BURNING ASH HAS TO BE BETTER THAN STEROIDS. HAHAHAHAH!

I'm glad they finally found what it was.

Dawn said...

It only sounds slightly painful...;-) Best!