Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Watch Out for Volvos



You'll have to forgive my absence this week. I've started reading the Twilight series and I. Can't. Stop.
To understand my little obsession, you need some background. I am in love with a fictional character. His name is Lestat. I've read his tales over and over, and I looked for him around every corner in New Orleans. Because I'm insane, that's why. For a long time, I tried to get just the right image of a falling angel for a tattoo. Then it hit me. The graphic novel version of Tale of the Body Thief WAS my fallen angel, my Lestat.



That makes up a rather large tattoo on my upper arm. Yes, I already said I'm slightly unhinged. Please don't ask again.
Now, I started the Twilight series, even though I'd successfully resisted it for SO long. Of course I'm in agony because I'm only human and I can only read so fast. Why isn't there a way for me to just absorb all 4 books and KNOW what happens already? What? Savor them? Are you kidding me? I'm not a savor-it kind of gal. I'm all about the instant gratification.
I bid you adieu then, as I'll be immersed in the rainy and tragic world of Edward and Bella for the next week or so. And thanks Dawn, now I'll be tracking down silver Volvos!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I am so glad to hear you have come over to the Dark Side! The Twilight side! LOL! Sounds like you are on the same course as I was when I first read it. I read all 4 books in about a week. I have actually read all 4 bpooks 5 times and read Twilight about 8 times. I hope you like the movie. I am going to go see it again this weekend. I read New Moon has been green lighted to start production. Exciting news isn't it. I am interested to see what you think of the movie. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Dawn said...

Heee. You have no idea how excited I am. YAY!

Dawn said...

So are you done yet? What do you think? OMG, can't wait to talk to you about them all...