Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ten Years

Today is our tenth wedding anniversary. When we got married, I was only 20, not even old enough to indulge in a glass of champagne (legally at least) to celebrate. My husband was only 23. We had nothing but each other, and a newborn expecting us to get our proverbial shit together and take care of him. Here we are, ten years later, and we've been through so much to get here. We've built this life, and now have two amazing sons to share it. We're both so different now, than the kids who made that pledge so many years ago, who didn't know what those words truly meant. Now they seem to take on much more significance. They're no longer abstract ideas of what love is.
Normally I don't get all sentimental about anniversaries, or commemorating certain days. But I feel like this is something BIG, something worthy of celebration. And so I shared it with all of you :)

11 comments:

J said...

I'm soo happy for the two of you. It's nice seeing someone who got married so young have a marriage that works.

carrie said...

awesome. 10 years is a big deal these days.

I liked that line about love not being an abstract idea anymore. So true.

Red Lotus Mama said...

Congrats! That is a major milestone. I hope you have another wonderful 10 years together.

Monique said...

WOW! What's your secret? WE are struggling to reach our two year mark. Happy Anniversary!

ProzacPoet said...

Happy anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Veronica Garcia said...

I hope you enjoyed your "10 year celebration" ;) with you find at Loehman’s.

Wineplz said...

10 years is a big deal! Happy Anniversary (a little belated).

Thanks for stopping by earlier...I do appreciate meeting new folks! :)

Laurie said...

I was 20 and my hubby 22 when we got married, so I know where you're coming from. And it IS a big deal! Not many couples get there. Congrats and have a fabulous anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Julie Vaicius said...

I think that is very impressive.
You guys are a great example!