Monday, December 3, 2007

Doorknobs and Stirrups, Oh My!

Mistaken Identity
Friday my husband took our boys to Great Clips to get their hair cut before our pictures with Santa.
My little one came back fine. Golden Boy wanted to look like Zac Efron, but instead now looks like Dorothy Hamill. Poor kid. So I asked DH how this happened, and he says, "YOU said to just get it trimmed." Yes, but I did not say to use a bowl as the guide! So I had to call and speak to a manager, and we have an appointment to go in tonight and have his hair fixed. After that I'm going to suck it up and take them to a trendy joint lest this mess happen again.
<---- Zac Efron




<----- Dorothy Hamill




Saturday we had breakfast with Santa. Belly loved it and loved the jolly fat guy. Belly told Santa he wants his own skateboard. That makes Momma cringe. Of course I didn't get a single picture of both kids looking at the camera.

What goes around...
Saturday DH got sick, no doubt having contracted the plague from me. Did I complain about laundry and such? Noooo. But I did leave to go to a party, and stuck him with the little ones. Muahahaha! It looked like Armageddon outside but nothing was going to stop my brave friend and I from getting to the party. Not the ice covering the streets, not the chunks of snow blowing off the tops of trucks on the expressway, and not the green lightning. Yep, green. At the party our light pleasant conversation took a turn for the worse when it degraded into jokes about doorknobs up asses and something about sex with stirrups and morgue tables. "You know, for easy clean up" said one deranged party goer. Yes, a good time was had by all!

Species Reassignment
Our poor, mistreated betta fish is now having an identity crisis. First I thought he was depressed because we keep trying to kill him, because he just laid at the bottom of the tank and didn't move. But now he's convinced he's a Portuguese Man O' War. He floats with his top fin just breaking the surface of the water, with his beautiful tail and fins kind of hanging below him. He only moves around to eat, and to swim out of the way when the cat drinks out of his bowl. (Yum! Fishy flavored water!)

Corn Fed Kids
Saturday Golden Boy's basketball team suffered their first defeat, and it was big. They lost by 30 points to a team of kids that were all bigger than me. Do they have bovine growth hormones in the hot lunch at that school?!

One last thing, did you know that Campbell's now makes Won Ton Soup??

5 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I would have been ticked with teh haircut too. It is always hit or miss at those places and unfortunately for me it always seemed like a miss...

Irene said...

Oh the hair! I hope the fix "fixes" it.

carrie said...

a bowl as a guide? Oh No! Those pictures cracked me up.

NH Yocal said...

Sounds like an interesting week and wow, first off, the hair thing...since when is the bowl cut back? I have been seeing some many kids looking just like Dorothy Hammil these days...weird.

The party sounds hilarious, now I really want to hear that story...sound freaky!

Kendra Field said...

How'd the haircut pt. 2 turn out? Love your blog! :)