Thursday, June 17, 2010

And the Beat Goes On

Yesterday my mom went and picked out a wig. I know that was hard. They showed her how to wash it and care for it, and let her know they offer free styling and trimming. Her mother went with her, so she wasn’t alone. This must be hard for my grandmother, to see her daughter going through this. I wouldn’t know because I’ve avoided calling her.

Holy mother of coincidence! A young guy from work just walked in here and told us he was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He’s starting chemo in two weeks. It’s a small, fucked up world afterall.

My aunt got here last night. I loaded my mom and the kids in the car and picked her up. We went to dinner, where the kids acted like absolute savages. Didn’t get home until almost midnight, after dropping my aunt off at her hotel. I’m jealous. I wish I had a room and bathroom of my own!

Father’s Day is Sunday and I’m wholly unprepared.

Tomorrow’s the big day. We get up early and head to the hospital for mom’s first chemo treatment. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Monique said...

I'm praying for ya mama. Cancer is the devil. It's so ugly. I watched what it did to my MIL.
And btw I don't have a damn thang planned for Father's Day! I'm a last minute planner....