Friday, November 16, 2007

Yes, Virginia, There is a ...

...thing called PMS that will eventually make you hate even people you normally adore, and will make your closest friends avoid you lest they tell you what an irrational, mean, hurtful, insane person you are.
"Who, me?" you'll ask, while mentally lining up a crossbow with the offender's solar plexus.
Yes, yours truly is in a foul mood today. And yesterday as well. And tomorrow's not looking promising, either.
My husband keeps asking what's wrong. When I say, "Nothing" I really mean, "Everything"
The tiny part of my brain that isn't being held hostage by hormones right now is telling me that I'm giving significance to minor infractions and blowing them up to monumental proportions. Yeah, so? For some strange reason I decided I wanted to take the kids bowling tonight. (See: Irrational) When I found out that every bowling alley within 27 miles is booked with league play, I got very upset. Then I decided we'd go ice skating. The problem is that nothing is open on Friday nights until later in the month. This, too, caused me great anguish. That tiny part of my brain I told you about has been trying to tell me all day that I don't like either bowling or ice skating. I told it to shut up.

On the bright side, I got a phone call today from an old friend that I haven't talked to in literally years. I'm not always open to those kinds of calls, figuring if I don't talk to someone anymore, there's probably a good reason. Anyway, she called and it was so good to talk to her again. We caught up on our kids and jobs and talked about a lot of people we used to work with. We made plans to get together before the holidays hit. As we were chatting I realized that I've gotten back in touch with a lot of people this year. All of them very cool, ranging from grammar school friends, high school friends to former co-workers. Where were these people? Why exactly did we stop talking? Did we just get too busy?

Was it my PMS?! Just kidding :) Or am I?

3 comments:

Rick said...

A wife and three daughters... I KNOW PMS! The cruel thing is that they cycle together and so the "thing" hits the household ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

J said...

Losing touch...
I wonder the same thing as well.
I blame "life" but what does that really means?

I've hada lot of life changes from my days of being able to hang out or call alot. I've had new wives. new jobs, new kids, new medical conditions.

Sometimes I wonder if that's the cause or just the excuse I use for losing touch with folks.

Veronica Garcia said...

don't mind me, I'm just catching up on reading.

Aaahhhh losing touch. I'm the queen of that. I don't mean to, it just happens... whatever IT is. =/