Friday, January 18, 2008

Hell Has Frozen Over


Okay, maybe not hell, but Chicago has most certainly become a frozen waste land. On my way into work this morning, I thought I saw a polar bear. Yep, romping around the frozen tundra that is lake Michigan, enjoying his snack of a 3 eyed fish from our polluted waters.

I'm considering wearing a snow suit to a friend's wedding on Saturday when the wind chill gets to about -20. For those of you lucky enough to live outside of the freaking polar ice cap, the wind chill is the factor of the actual temperature and the wind, so that's how cold it FEELS.

So much for global warming.

5 comments:

carrie said...

I know about wind chill. It sucks. And my handy dandy internet temp tells me tonight it will get down to a whopping 9. That will be about the time I have to walk to my car after work. and sit in it while it warms up. I'm really jazzed about that.

Veronica Garcia said...

I have like 3 layers of clothes on and I'm still freezing. We must love our city for being here for so long.

Laura Marchant said...

I am hating it right now too and with my pregnant belly I can't button my coat anymore (I refuse to buy a maternity jacket).

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

It's sooooooo cold!! My nostrils froze together! YUCK!
I don't want to go outside...
but soon to see groundhog I hope!!
:L()
Always,
Crusty~

ProzacPoet said...

Hahaha....3 eyed fish.... we used to joke about the same thing in regards to fish that lived in the creek that ran behind my house growing up. 3 eyed, 5 legged, 1 finned fish, to be more exact.
Cold sucks.