Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Cheetos Truck



This truck came in the mail today, addressed to my boys. With a note from my aunt explaining that she'd brought it for her brother, my father, and wanted them to have something of his.

I actually started to cry when they opened it. Just last night I was talking about him, telling my husband how much I miss him. And when this came today, I felt like I got a little piece of him back. When I was a kid, we used the truck to send Cheetos back and forth through the house, much to my mother's dismay. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it still had orange crumbs in the trailer. I hadn't thought about it in years.

Marcia said, "Ask and you shall receive." Yesterday I was hurting, and I didn't even *know* what to ask for. But today, I received.

No comments: