Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cloning 101

This is getting ridiculous. My brain obviously doesn’t work any longer. My internal calendar is broken.

First, I forget my BFFs birthday. Then today, I blank on an awards ceremony at an alternative HS. What the hell is wrong with me? And now that I think about it, I left a load of laundry in the washer this morning and forgot to throw it in the dryer before I left for work. *sigh* A mother’s work is never done.

You know who’s going to perfect cloning? A mom. Because we need to be in 6 places at one time, attend meetings, work, remember basketball practice, do laundry, cook meals consistently, pack lunches for field trips….. And it’s hardly possible for one person to do it all. And how am I supposed to manage going to school if I can’t get things straight NOW?!

I *did* actually make it to the awards ceremony, and brought the certificate of recognition with me. Thanks to a flexible work schedule, I can also pick up Belly at 3pm because he cried when I told him he needed to go to after care today. And when I get there, I’ll finish the laundry, check homework, prepare for BOTH of the financial aid meetings I have tomorrow, and possibly, maybe even cook dinner.

Stop the world. I want to get off!

No comments: