Tuesday, March 24, 2009

As Close to Heaven

Last night, after my first day at the new job, wading through my tax stuff, sending a credit app for a second car, and sadly kissing Hubs good bye on his way out to work.... Belly was tossing and turning, unable to sleep. I went and stretched out next to him in bed, he curled his arms around me and tucked his head just under my chin, and I realized that moment must be the closest thing to heaven on earth. To be able to comfort someone who wants nothing more than *you*, and to lose the stress of the day in just one hug. Truly amazing.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww, so sweet. I needed something upbeat!

Veronica Garcia said...

awe, that was Cruz last night!!!

*sorry I have a lot of catching up to do* =)

Anonymous said...

Yes, that IS the best feeling in the world. I would give anything to get that back with my kids. Cherish it. They grow up soooo fast and then they still need you, but not in the same way they did when they were little.