Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sadly Disappointed

Alright, so it's not exactly a secret that I'm a *tiny* bit interested in obsessed with the Twilight series. In fact, I stared Breaking Dawn today after giving myself a 1 day breather. Today I could wait no longer though - I went to see the movie. I woke Hubs up early (he works overnights, so "early" is actually 4pm) and left the kiddos with my mom, and away we went.
It was terrible.
Two flippin hours that I'll never get back.
How could this happen??
I compulsively casually watched the interviews Rob Pattinson did and he's hot, he's funny.... but it didn't come out in the movie. Even the parts that were supposed to be lighthearted left him looking distinctly constipated. And the scene where he's supposed to sparkle??!! Um, no. Just no. (and as for sparkly men, if you don't get it, it's a Twilight thing, you wouldn't understand)
The only redeeming parts were a) when he smiled and laughed. b) Kristen/Bella was perfect.
c) "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
(audience response) "Stupid lamb!"
3 people, including me, respond, "What a sick, masochistic lion."

Since I still love the books ever so much, I'm going to try to forget that I saw this.

3 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

This is why I am so afraid to see it. When I read the book first the movies are always bad. Harry Potter was the same way for me.

Chris said...

This is how I felt the 1st time I saw it too. I went and saw it a second time this weekend. I know it didn't change the acting or any of my original problems with it but I just looked at it in a more objective way. I tried to watch it as if I never read the books. The movie definately did not do the book justice. But I will say it grew on me more the 2nd time around and I actually liked it a lot. New Moon has been green lit and with all the money they made on this I would hope the budget will be bigger and the whole thing will be better. I am either an optimist, freak or die hard fan, not sure which of the 3. What can I say?

Dawn said...

I was going to love the movie by default. It was Twilight.

But the first time I saw a preview I was pissed. I had already pinpointed all the changes and I was so not happy with Rob Pattinson as Edward. He just wasn't hot enough in my opinion. Then I became obsessed with the previews and reconciled my head version with the movie version. I read all the articles there were to read. So in essence, I had already "forgave" the movie for not being no where near as good as the book. But few movies rarely are.

I get why they had to cut parts of the book out due to time constraints. But I don't think they elaborated on certain parts the way they should have.

Ok, enough rambling. The books totally rock my world. The movie was alright. But it was Twilight. I had to love it. Just because, I dunno, I had to.

But I totally get what you are saying. I'm glad I had time to get used to it all.