Friday, December 14, 2007

Grammar School Musical

Last night was the Christmas concert at school. Since we couldn't find Belly's tiny mafioso outfit, we stopped and got him a shirt, tie and sweater vest. He eagerly put on the shirt and tie, but started crying as soon as I pulled the sweater vest over his head. Why? Because he wanted a standard tuxedo vest instead, of course. I begged, pleaded, bargained, threatened him to get him to keep that vest on. Just as we got to the school I relented and told him he could take it off. Luckily as soon as he walked in and saw all of his friends, he ran to join them and forgot all about the offending garment.

Golden Boy chose a blue shirt and a blue striped tie, only to find that everyone else was wearing a WHITE shirt and BLACK tie. Never let it be said that he blends in with the crowd!

Belly was stationed at the far end of his class, so his teacher could easily pluck him from the podium when he decided to climb up there. The place was packed, the kids all looked great. The music teacher sang Ave Maria so beautifully that it was quite literally breathtaking. There's a girl in the choir that had a solo part and received a standing ovation. She has an amazingly strong voice for such a small body!

Here's the kids after the concert. Of course, I could have put up a pic of them smiling nicely into the camera, but this more closely conveys their usual demeanor toward one another.

4 comments:

Veronica Garcia said...

Oh how cute!!!!!!!!! I love it when I dress up my son, even if its for just one time! lol.

Anonymous said...

They clean up quite well. Glad all went well.

Laura Marchant said...

They look so cute! I think my hubby has that same tie.

carrie said...

they look so handsome! Sometimes boys do clean up nice.